- Couples who do not wish to take the course must wait 3 days for the application.
- Out of state residents can receive their Marriage License straight away (no waiting period required).
- The Marriage License will be effective from the date on the License to Marry Form and must be used within 60days from that date.
- Officials must have the Marriage License before they can solemnize the marriage.
- The official performing the ceremony/solemnizing the Marriage will complete the Marriage License then return it to the Clerk of Court within 10 days. Official Records will record the license and the original is sent to the Office of Vital Statistics in Jacksonville, Florida. A Certified Copy of the Marriage license is then sent to the couple either in the USA or Overseas.
- Additional copies can be requested for a $2.50 fee per copy.
- Blood tests are no longer required.
For Future Additional Copies
Orange County Controllers Office
Att: Official Records Department
PO Box 38
Orlando, Florida, 32802
109 E. Church Street
Orlando, Florida, 32801
This must be performed in the state of Florida and performed/solemnized by a NOTARY PUBLIC of Florida, Judge, Licensed or Ordained Minister, Church Elder or Deputy Clerk.
Where to Apply for the License
- Licenses are issued at most offices Monday-Friday from 8.30am until 4.30pm.
- Call ahead incase of changes.
- Offices are usually closed for Public Holidays.
Osceola County - Kissimmee
Osceola County Court House
2 Courthouse Square
Orange County - Orlando
Orange County Court House
425 N. Orange Avenue, Room 355
450 North Lakemont Avenue
376 Wilshire Blvd
License By Mail